Rio Tinto Seeks Us Approval For Arizona Copper Mine

News: Anglo-Australian mining company Rio Tinto has sought the approval of the US Forest Service for a mine at its US$6bn resolution copper project in Arizona, US. The project is expected to produce nearly 500,000 metric tonnes of copper a year which is enough to meet one fourth of annual US copper demand, stated Rio. The project is likely to yield copper by early 2020. Rio Tinto owns the project with a 55% stake, working alongside partner Australian mining company BHP Billiton with the remaining 45%.

This article is tagged to:
Sector: Mining
Geography: United States

Enter your details to read the full article

By submitting this form you are acknowledging that you have read and understood our Privacy Policy.