MBC Purchases New Dry Bulk Carrier

News: Malaysian Bulk Carriers (MBC) has expanded its fleet with the purchase of a dry bulk carrier having a deadweight tonnage of 56,000. The vessel was bought for an amount worth US$26mn. This is part of the group's fleet-renewal strategy aimed at adding newer and more economical vessels. Ambi Shipping, which is 70% owned by MBC and remaining 30% by Japan's Mitsui & Company, will be responsible for operating the new vessel. The ship, which is to be constructed at Mitsui, is to be delivered in H115. The acquisition is likely to generate additional earning for the group.

This article is tagged to:
Sector: Freight Transport, Shipping
Geography: Malaysia, Malaysia, Malaysia, Malaysia

Enter your details to read the full article

By submitting this form you are acknowledging that you have read and understood our Privacy Policy.