BP Awaits Government Approval For Tangguh LNG Expansion

News: UK-based oil major BP expects to receive government approval for an environmental study of the planned expansion of its US$12bn Tangguh liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant at Bintuni Bay in Indonesia's West Papua province, reports the Jakarta Post citing BP Indonesia's head Dharmawan Samsu. Once approved, a third train will be added with an annual capacity of 3.8mn tonnes. The final investment decision for the Tangguh expansion is expected in 2015 with work likely to be completed by 2019. Inpex Masela is the operator of the block with a 65% interest, working alongside partner Royal Dutch Shell with the remaining 35% interest.

This article is tagged to:
Related sectors of this article: Oil & Gas, Projects, LNG
Geography: Indonesia

Enter your details to read the full article

By submitting this form you are acknowledging that you have read and understood our Privacy Policy.